Our School Governing Body
Governors are a voluntary body of people who guide and support the strategic direction of the school. They are members of the school team and their contribution to the running of the school is highly valued.
School Governing Body
The instrument of government states that the governing body shall consist of:
- 2 parent governors
- 1 local authority governor
- 2 staff governors ( including Headteacher)
- 2 Trust governors
- 4 co-opted governors
The role of the governing body is a strategic one, its key functions are to:
- Set the aims and objectives for the school
- Set the policies for achieving those aims and objectives
- Set the targets for achieving those aims and objectives
- Monitor and evaluate the progress the school is making towards achievement of its aims and objectives
- Be a source of challenge and support to the headteacher (a critical friend)
Please note that we do not have any employees with a gross annual salary of more than £100,000
Please Click here to view our school's financial data.
Meet our Team
Chair of Governors: Mr C Glover (co-opted Governor)
Vice Chair of Governors: Mrs S Cuff ( Co-opted Governor)
Governor: Mr J Horspole (Trust Governor)
Parent: Mr Norman
Parent: Mr Cubbin
Local Authority: Mr J Petherick
Co-opted: Mrs P Weekly
Co- opted: Mrs D Santos
Staff Governor: Mrs Gray, Headteacher
Staff Governor: Mrs Bleach
Associate Governor: Mrs Woods, Business Manager
Contact our Governors
If you would like to contact the Governors please contact the School office marking the correspondence, "For the Attention of South Green Infant & Nursery School Governors"
Governance Handbook - October 2020 - see page 70 for "readily accessible"