This year we have re-established our School Council. The children have been voted for by their class and we held our first meeting on Friday 23rd September. The children went for a walk around the school grounds and came up with 7 proposals to take back to their classes about the playground.
We then created the action plan below.
They have been given a budget of £1000 to improve the playground and have been assigned roles within the Council. From January the Council will also include representatives from Nursery and Reception.
School Council Action Plan
- Repaint Storyland and make it into a quiet reading area. Children will be voting on the colour before half term
- Put in a new water fountain so children can fill their bottles from the playground
- Buy new bins that are easy for the children to use and to empty
- Reopen the sand pit at lunchtimes
- Buy new goals for the playground that can be moved around
- Buy outside basketball hoops
- Investigate changing the wall around Storyland
2. Water fountain has been ordered
5. New goals ordered
6. Basketball hoops ordered
5. New goals are on the playground every play and lunchtime
6. Basketball hoops have arrived
Water fountain fitted in the playground
Bill has started work on enclosing the Storyworld area
Colour for Storyworld to be painted has been chosen - purple
Children are currently choosing the new bins for the playground
Bill relined and cleared sand pit ready for reopening (awaiting sand delivery)
Purple paint arrived for the Storyworld refurbishment (now awaiting good weather to start painting!)